Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Six Most Exciting Syllables of the Semester

This Friday at St. Michael's College is the annual Career Symposium. The career symposium is an event hosted by Career Development in collaboration with the Office of Alumni & Parent Relations. This is the third year students have been offered the opportunity to participate in the Career Symposium. The schedule for the evening is as follows:

The keynote address will be given by Diane Darling. Her presentation will feature information on effective networking, which I think will be especially beneficial. Last week I attended a "Take the WORK out of Networking" presentation through Career Development. After this short introduction, I am interested to learn more about effective networking and how to get started.
Later in the evening there will be industry panel presentations. I intend on attending the Sales and Marketing panel, as well as the Human Resources panel. The panel presentations will be presented by St. Mike's alumni. This annual event is intended to give juniors and seniors the opportunity to become familiar with tools that will help students in their careers. Now all I need to do is tidy up my resume and iron my business attire. Should be a great start to the weekend and my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment